Clean Water Action presents the NJ Legislative Scorecard 2014-15. The scorecard represents a permanent record that scores every NJ state legislator on votes, action and leadership on significant environmental bills in 2014 and 2015. Download the full report here (pdf).
New Jersey Legislature Still Failing to Provide Adequate Environmental Safeguards
As documented in our 2010-2013 NJ Legislative Scorecard, New Jersey's critical environmental and public health protections have been put at risk by state officials. As this 2014-2015 scorecard documents, this recent trend to abandon New Jersey's proud legacy of environmental leadership continues.
This scorecard provides a comprehensive evaluation of how the legislature as a whole, party caucuses, leadership, and individual legislators rate on the environment covering the cost important, representative environmental issues in the 2014-2015 legislative session.
Unfortunately, with too few notable exceptions, legislators continue to not make the grade - the average score was just 47%. Fortunately, it's not too late to turn things around!
Reports, Press Releases and Statements
- NJ Legislative Scorecard 2014-15 - Full Report (pdf)
- NJ Legislature Still Flunking Environment 101 Two Years Later - Press Release
- Statement of Janet Tauro, Clean Water Action, NJ Board Chair - Statement (pdf)
- Statement of Sharon Finlayson, Clean Water Action, NJ Board Member - Statement (pdf)
- NJ Legislative Scorecard 2014-15: What Environmental Heroes Are Saying - Statement (pdf)
- South Jersey Regional Chart (LDs 1-8)
- Jersey Shore Regional Chart (LDs 9-13, 30)
- Central Jersey I Regional Chart(LDs 7, 14-16)
- Central Jersey II Regional Chart (LDs 16-23)
- Northwest Regional Chart (LDs 24-26)
- North Jersey Regional Chart (LDs 27-29, 31-40)
- Clean Water Action Campaign Manager: Political Will Needed to Move to a Green Economy, NJTV News, August 20, 2015
- Environmental group gives New Jersey lawmakers failing grade, The Record, August 19, 2015
- Environmental group gives local lawmakers low grades, Press of Atlantic City, August 19, 2015
- Environmental group gives New Jersey lawmakers failing grade, The Olympian/Associated Press, August 19, 2015
- Report: Most New Jersey lawmakers get failing grade on environment, WFMZ/Associated Press, August 19, 2015