ReThink Disposable - Businesses
ReThink Disposable is a technical assistance program to help food business operators reduce waste and cut costs by minimizing disposable packaging items. Whether you are a caterer, a mobile food vendor, or run a restaurant, café or institutional kitchen, minimizing the use of disposable food ware products can help you:
- Reduce disposable food service ware costs
- Improve customers’ dining experience
- Prevent litter near your business
- Keep local waterways clean
- Be a greener business and reduce waste
- Lower waste collection service costs
We provide hands-on support by ReThink Disposable staff for small food business operators. Download case studies, watch business video testimonials and access other great resources like the Reusable Foodware Guide and the ReThink Disposable Foodware Transition Calculator.
Requirements For Participation:
- Implement ReThink Disposable Best Management Practices (BMPs) for source reduction--five “Required Practices” and a minimum of four additional “Recommended Practices.
- Able to provide Information and Implement BMPs within a timely manner—typical time to complete certification is three months.
- Conduct baseline and follow-up inventory to measure packaging and waste reduction and cost savings.
Straws by Request
We are working with restaurants across New Jersey to join our “ Straws by Request” program, which will help you save money, go green, and make your customers happy.
Vital (cut disposable plastic straws by 60%) and Pig & Prince (cut disposable plastic straws by 90%)
Sign Up to Become a ReThink Disposable Business