COVID- 19 has changed the way we work at Clean Water Action, but it hasn’t changed our guiding principles. Environmental Justice and Economic Justice go hand in hand, and we know that when people are able to meet basic needs like access to water, heat, and electricity, public health improves. In addition to keeping our water, toxics, energy, and elections campaigns going by shifting our organizing and education programs online, we have joined a number of groups calling for leadership in the state legislature and governor’s office to pass measures like sick time for struggling essential workers. We’re also taking on new issues, like making sure that people have access to their utilities and aren’t shut off as we recover from the pandemic.
We have been inspired by the online response, and are grateful that you’re looking for connection and ways to make a difference just like we are. We’ve put together a list of ways you can help, be helped, and hopefully have some fun along the way. The work for a clean, just, and healthy environment never stops- so please check back regularly for updates!
Thank you to all of you who are able to help protect the public health of our communities by sheltering-in-place and practicing social distancing - everything we do now helps save lives.
- WATCH: Getting Toxins Out. Learn about PFAS and Flame Retardants, April 29th
- WATCH: Energy 101 Webinar Video, April 16, 2020
- WATCH Lead in Drinking Water Webinar, April 20, 2020
- WATCH: Resilient Energy Systems in a Time of Crisis, May 18, 2020
- WATCH: The Story of Plastic Post-Film Discussion (Password 9r#=7*#0)
- Call the governor and your senators! Take action with our allies at Raise Up Mass and the Mass Public Health Association to deliver immediate assistance to the most affected populations!
- Sign this petition about getting PFAS out of food packaging.
Mutual Aid Directory
Massachusetts / Alston and Brighton: Alston/Brighton Mutual Aid
Massachusetts / Cambridge: Cambridge Neighborhood Aid Network
Massachusetts / Jamaica Plain and Roxbury: Welcome to Mutual Aid Jamaica Plain and Roxbury!
Massachusetts / Waltham: Welcome to Mutual Aid Waltham (MAW)
Massachusetts / Medford, Somerville: Mutual Aid Medford and Somerville (MAMAS)
If you are aware of other mutual aid groups, and would like the information shared here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having trouble balancing homeschooling and zoom calls? Check out Teach to Family Connection on Facebook.
If you are looking for free educational resources for kids of all ages, try this resource.
State Health Connector re-opens insurance enrollment in face of coronavirus threat.
CVS offers free 1-2 day delivery on most prescriptions (and you can ad non-Rx items to your order)
Links to other great resources
Message from our ally Neighbor to Neighbor about valuing community, solidarity, and love in these tough times.
- Catch up on recent advancements in Climate bills in MA with this blog post
- Learn about the impact of asthma from our very own intern, Saamon Legoski
- MA Bills related to COVID-19
- Read more about Clean Water Action’s National demands related to COVID-19
- Tune into live webcams of frolicking and floating animals at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Watch daily presentations by the New England Aquarium - every day at 11 AM EST
- A baby goat live cam! Need we say more.
- Free Ebooks and Audio Books with a Boston Public Library Card
- Contribute to our movement for a healthy future for all people and communities. Click here to make a donation.
- Seventh Generation Partnership. We know everyone is focused on washing up and staying healthy – you can support Clean Water at the same time by purchasing Seventh Generation’s personal care products. Learn more about this important partnership here.
Thank for supporting us!