The Aquifer Exemption program in the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) Underground Injection Control (UIC) program allows certain oil and gas and mining activity to occur in groundwater that would otherwise be protected as a drinking water source.
- Sacrificing water for oil and gas profit
- Aquifer Exemption Fact Sheet - March 2016
- Aquifer Exemption Petition - March 2016
- Regulating Oil & Gas Activities to Protect Drinking Water: The Safe Drinking Water Act's Underground Injection Control Program - Overview and Concerns - January 2015
- California UIC and Aquifer Exemption failure
- American Water Works Association Journal Article
Get the latest updates and actions:
Thanks for signing up!
There was a problem processing your signup. Please try again.