- Pam Frank, VP, Gabel Associates and CEO, ChargEVC;
- Katherine Lawrence, Director, Office of Sustainability, Jersey City
KEEP WATER & HEALTH IN OUR INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN: Learn how to improve New Jersey’s infrastructure despite Washington’s attempts to destroy hard won water and environmental safeguards. Find out how to make New Jersey’s water and sewer systems more climate resilient. Moderated by Michele Roseanne Donato, Esq., Land Use Attorney; Board Member, Clean Water Action.
- Joseph J. Maraziti, Esq., Land Use & Redevelopment Attorney, Maraziti, Falcon & Healey
- Aaron Kleinbaum, Esq., Environmental Attorney, Executive Director, Eastern Environmental Law Center
KEEPING THE POISONS AWAY: What you don’t know about household and personal care products can actually hurt you. Hear from experts about options for cleaner, safer and healthier living that protect the environment too. Moderated by Maria Ackerman, Donor & Events Associate, Clean Water Action.
- Dr. Gail Zimmerman, MD, Internist and Natural Doctor, Bay Head, NJ
- Willie DeCamp, Chairman and Past Director, Save Barnegat Bay
- Janet Tauro, NJ Board Chair, Clean Water Action; GRAMMES (Grandmothers, Mothers & More for Energy Safety)
RETHINK DISPOSABLE - LESS WASTE TO TRASH: Learn how to stop managing waste (recycling, burning and landfilling) and start producing less. Find out how food service businesses are embracing our ReThink Disposable program to reduce single-use products and save money too.
- Maura Toomey, ReThink Disposable Coordinator, Clean Water Action (Moderator)
- Ana Baptista, Assistant Professor in the Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management Program and Associate Director for the Tishman Environment and Design Center (TEDC), The New School
- Nataki Williams, Business Owner & Finance Controller, Vital Dining
SESSION II: 1:15 - 2:45 PM
PUMP UP THE VOLUME: MEDIA TRAINING COURSE: Learn the latest tools to help you be successful in today’s media . . . how to write newsworthy content, reach your targeted audiences, and amplify your message and campaigns on social media; including live-streaming video, live tweeting, and developing materials for allies and partners. Moderated by Jenny Vickers Chyb, NJ Communications Manager, Clean Water Action.
- Randy Bergmann, Editorial Page Editor, Asbury Park Press
- Neil Bhaerman, National Communications Manager, Clean Water Action
CLIMATE & ENERGY: HOW TO MOVE FORWARD, NOT BACKWARDS: Learn how Clean Water Action and its partners are taking it upon themselves to do the work the Trump Administration won’t when it comes to fighting for 100% renewable energy by 2050 and green jobs. Moderated by Alyssa Bradley, Energy Organizer, Clean Water Action
- Tracy Carluccio, Deputy Director, Delaware RiverKeeper Network
- Jeff Tittel, Director, Sierra Club, NJ Chapter
- Dr. Nicky Sheats, Director, Center for the Urban Environment, John S. Watson Inst. of Public Policy, Thomas Edison State University; Member, New Jersey Environmental Justice Alliance
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE IN ACTION: Engaging communities and leaders in making a difference locally and statewide where pollution and its adverse impacts are disproportionately greater. Moderated by Jeanette Mitchell, Climate Organizer, Clean Water Action
- Wynnie-Fred Victor Hinds, Board Member, Clean Water Action;
- Vice Chair, Newark Environmental Commission; Executive Director, Stepping Stones Resources
- Nicole Miller, Member, Newark Environmental Commission, GI Reformer
SAFE DRINKING WATER DISRUPTORS: Learn about growing concerns regarding unregulated contaminants, endocrine disruptors, and lead in our drinking water, as well as policy options at the local, state and national levels. Moderated by Tom Fote, Board Member, Clean Water Action; Legislative Director, Jersey Coast Anglers Association.
- Lynn Thorp, National Campaigns Director, Clean Water Action
- Michael Gochfeld, MD, Occupational Medicine, Piscataway, NJ
- Dr. Joanna Burger, Distinguished Professor, Biology, Rutgers University