Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being, and quality of life.
Clean Water is looking for a dedicated Zero Waste leader with expertise in direct business engagement and project management to lead our California ReThink Disposable Program. ReThink Disposable is a data-driven waste reduction program that works with governments, businesses, institutions, and consumers to prioritize reusable food service items to conserve resources, reduce costs for small businesses and prevent waste and litter. The Bay Area’s amazing cultural and ethnic diversity is reflected in our robust restaurant industry. We’re looking for a motivated, multilingual candidate who can work with government agencies and a diverse array of food service establishments to promote reusable food service alternatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, train and supervise ReThink engagement specialists to conduct outreach and convert businesses to reusables, with a focus on engaging businesses owned and managed by black, indigenous, people of color, women, and/or non-English speaking monolingual individuals to participate in ReThink Disposable program.
- Supervise the collection of program metrics to quantify the value of the program.
- Work with ReThink contractors to track and report contract deliverables and provide grant updates and final reports.
- Develop new contracts and proposals to raise funds for the program.
- Oversee ReThink Disposable internal/external communication needs such as program promotion, marketing, and sharing business accomplishments.
- Foster existing and new partnerships with zero-waste and community-based organizations to further the mission of the program in a collaborative fashion by requesting, hosting, and facilitating meetings with allies.
- Perform other duties as directed by the California Director.
- Ability to communicate effectively with businesses and the public.
- Experience in managing contracts and writing reports.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is a plus (preference for Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese).
- Experience in managing staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Some lifting and transporting of materials may be required.
- Experience in Zero Waste policy and practice.
- Share Clean Water Fund’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization and integrating justice and equity into our work to ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
Email letter of interest and resume to ZeroWasteapp@cleanwater.org. Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.