Request for Short-Term ReThink Disposable Consultant
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking an individual who can serve as a consultant for our innovative ReThink Disposable program.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes justice and the public interest on issues related to water, waste, clean energy and toxic chemicals. Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, promoting energy efficiency and clean energy, advocating for Zero Waste policies, and protecting drinking water. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central goals in all campaigns.
We cannot recycle our way out of our growing plastic pollution problem. For decades, Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund have advocated for source reduction policies and programs to prevent waste–in this case, single-use plastics– from ever entering into the waste stream in the first place. Our California program developed the ReThink Disposable program to work with the food service industry to identify opportunities for eliminating single-use food serviceware from takeout and dine-in meals, reducing waste and cutting costs. The ReThink Disposable Consultant will support our work by conducting outreach to food service businesses, working with owners and managers to identify ways to eliminate single-use plastic consumption, and promote the ReThink Disposable program and participants through digital, social, and traditional media.
Contract Requirement Includes:
- Identifying and conducting outreach to food service businesses in an effort to enroll them as participants in the ReThink Disposable program;
- Conducting on-site assessments of single-use food serviceware at participating businesses to gather data and track program efficacy
- Working with the State Director to develop recommendations for alternative food serviceware products
- Maintaining and improving ReThink Disposable-related pages on Clean Water Action website;
- Writing email blasts, blog posts, fact sheets, social media posts, and other campaign communications activities.
- Individual must demonstrate they understand environmental issues, and waste issues in particular;
- Cultural competency in interacting with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable;
- Strong written communications and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Able to lift 25 lbs.;
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Fluency in Spanish
Send Application to: Johnathan Berard, email@example.com. Include resume, a letter of interest highlighting direct experience in meeting project requirements, and a writing sample.