Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and quality of life
Clean Water Action is seeking a full-time Phone Manager for our Minneapolis, MN office. Our phone program is responsible for maintaining and developing our membership regionally. Phone Managers connect our staff and our members to our campaigns, playing a critical role in retention and fundraising for the organization. This position is temporarily/currently remote with office days expected as part of a hybrid work model in 2023. Clean Water Action requires staff to be fully vaccinated.
- Fundraising individually and ensuring departmental budgets are met as a team.
- Training new and veteran staff in effective fundraising, campaigns, and other relevant skills.
- Supervise, manage, and coach phone trainees, staff, and trainers individually and as part of a team-including discipline, recognition and development.
- Participation and initiative in training program, crew briefings, and organizational events.
- Recruit and interview canvass applicants.
- Utilize and maintain all Phone Canvass administrative systems including paper and digital tracking, reporting, and all communication channels
- Attendance at all Clean Water and Phone Canvass management meetings and leadership events.
- Consistent communication with Canvass Director and all departments.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 6 months phone canvassing or comparable experience
- Demonstrated ability to train and manage people successfully
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills including verbal, email, chat, and zoom
- Solid computer and cloud skills—skilled in the use of Word, Excel, Google Drive etc. and experience working with databases a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills: Responsible role-modeling and personal accountability, ability to motivate groups and individuals to reach goals, work well with and be supportive of diverse co-workers, and an ability to work effectively under pressure when needed.
- Commitment to cultural competency and organization’s goals with Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Above minimum-standard personal fundraising consistency.
- Consistent and punctual attendance record with ability to commit to position for a minimum of 1 year.
- Administrative skills, including personal organization, accurate and legible record keeping.
- Initiative and enthusiasm in problem solving.
- Commitment and ability to understand and articulate Clean Water Action’s structure, programs, policies and goals.
- Fully vaccinated by start date (2 weeks past final dose).
Work Schedule, Salary and Benefits:
- Hours are typically Evenings (12-8:30pm or 1-9:30pm) with periodic Day (8:30-5) and monthly Saturday (9-4) shifts in rotation with other Managers.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Emily Tate (email@example.com). Internal candidates must notify their direct supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.