New Jersey Finance & Development Associate
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are hiring a full-time Finance & Development Associate to support the organizations’ programmatic activities in New Jersey.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes justice and the public interest on issues related to water, waste, clean energy and toxic chemicals. Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, promoting climate justice, advocating for zero waste policies, and protecting drinking water. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central goals in all our work.
The Finance & Development Associate will support New Jersey efforts and campaign work by managing administrative and financial matters as well as helping coordinate and conduct fundraising activities such as events, donor appeals and grant applications.
- Coordinating and supporting New Jersey’s administrative and financial recordkeeping functions including basic financial reporting, responding to requests from the national financial department, supporting development and achievement of yearly budgets and revenue goals;
- Supporting donor fundraising activities for New Jersey including event planning, managing databases, coordinating direct mail and on-line appeals, participating in team-wide fundraising efforts, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors, etc.
- Helping to identify prospects and assisting with grant writing, tracking and reporting;
- Performing general public and member communication functions including assist with development of content in various forms, including print, email alert, social media and our monthly online update called Clean Water on the Move.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- A minimum of two-years’ experience in non-profit administration, development or related field required;
- Background in environmental and/or social justice issues is helpful;
- Demonstrated commitment to Clean Water’s mission and values;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Cultural competency in interacting with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Extremely detail oriented, excellent recordkeeping and follow up skills;
- Well organized, time management, ability to manage multiple projects at a time, and meet deadlines;
- Event planning experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, social media skills a plus;
- Solid computer skills—skilled in the use of Word, Excel, Google platform, etc. and experience working with databases, tracking systems and managing donor information;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Strategic and creative thinker building on existing efforts as well as bringing new ideas.
Send resume and cover letter to New Jersey State Director, Amy Goldsmith, firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.