National Communications Manager
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seek a dynamic, experienced, and innovative communications professional to join our national team. The National Communications Manager will manage our national social media presence, support our national campaigns, manage communications efforts for several states, and work with, and advise, state staff to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics to further our campaigns to protect clean water, address the climate crisis, and more. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) organization. Since our founding during the campaign to pass the landmark Clean Water Act in 1972, Clean Water Action has worked to win strong health and environmental protections by bringing issue expertise, solution-oriented thinking and people power to the table. Clean Fund is a 501 (c)(3) organization whose programs build on and complement those of Clean Water Action.
The Communications Manager can work from any of Clean Water Action's 14 offices across the country.
- Manage Clean Water Action’s and Clean Water Fund’s social media presence
- Advise and assist state social media managers on strategy, tactics, etc
- Manage the communications activities for several state offices
- Work with state staff to develop quarterly communications plans, and help implement those plans
- Support communications for National campaigns, leading the communications on select issues
- Help manage the organizations’ websites
- Help manage the organizations’ advocacy, fundraising, and communications software (Salsa Engage)
- Support online fundraising campaigns, including developing strategy and tactics
The Communications manager will be a thought partner with the Director of Communications and an integral member of the national communications and program team. You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience with strategic communications for short term and long term advocacy campaigns
- A passion for tackling the most pressing issues of our time, for social and environmental justice, and growing and strengthening the grassroots movement to protect clean water
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with an ability and eagerness to work with multiple stakeholders to develop successful communications
- Experience writing in different mediums, for different audiences, and also helping others improve their story-telling and writing abilities.
- Experience developing robust and compelling communications strategies and a desire to innovate new ways to engage people in the clean water movement
- Experience managing social media strategy
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Michael Kelly, email@example.com. Internal candidates please notify your supervisor before applying.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.