National Communications Intern: Spring 2022
Clean Water Action is seeking a National Communications Intern for the Spring of 2022 in our national office. This is a remote position.
Clean Water Action works to empower people to take action to protect America's waters, build healthy communities, and make democracy work for all of us. For nearly 50 years Clean Water Action has succeeded in winning some of the nation's most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research, and political advocacy to hold elected officials accountable to the public. We believe that those most affected by environmental degradation should be at the table, and that protecting our water and combating climate change contribute to broader goals of justice for the most vulnerable among us.
The National Communications Intern will work with Clean Water’s national team on our communications work, including but not limited to social media, communications, website, podcast, and member engagement.
*Clean Water Action is working remotely through the pandemic. Candidates must be able to complete work and communicate virtually through email and Google Docs. Familiarity with Zoom, Canva and Slack is desired but not required.
- Writing and creating content for social media, website, email communications, podcast, blog posts, etc.;
- Helping to coordinate and promote Clean Water Action's podcast;
- Researching and sharing campaign-relative content on social media channels;
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest, as well as communications needs.
Commitment: Minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
Clean Water Action values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- High School diploma;
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment;
- Strong interest in communications work;
- Good communication skills;
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, Google docs, etc.);
- Solid social media skills (experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Social media content creating experience (familiarity with graphic design, Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Well organized;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong writing skills;
- Good understanding of environmental justice a plus;
- Interest and engagement with other social justice issues are a plus;
Please send a cover letter, resume, and social media examples of your work to email@example.com.