National Communications Coordinator
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seek a dynamic, experienced and innovative communications professional to join our national team. This is a part time (50% FTE) position. The National Communications Coordinator will work with the Development Department to implement Clean Water’s online fundraising efforts, assist with the management of Clean Water’s national social media presence, and support our national and state campaigns.
Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) organization. Since our founding during the campaign to pass the landmark Clean Water Act in 1972, Clean Water Action has worked to win strong health and environmental protections by bringing issue expertise, solution-oriented thinking and people power to the table. Clean Fund is a 501 (c)(3) organization whose programs build on and complement those of Clean Water Action.
- Work with the Development Department to implement online fundraising campaigns, including developing strategy and tactics and analyzing results
- Assist with the management of Clean Water Action’s and Clean Water Fund’s social media presence
- Advise and assist state social media managers on strategy, tactics, etc.
- Support communications for State offices as needed
- Support communications for National campaigns
- Manage the organizations’ websites
- Manage the organizations’ advocacy, fundraising, and communications software (Salsa Engage)
The Communications Coordinator will be an integral member of the national communications and program teams. You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience with strategic communications for short term and long term advocacy campaigns
- Experience managing websites (Drupal based) and experience using advocacy and fundraising software
- A passion for tackling the most pressing issues of our time, for social and environmental justice, and for growing and strengthening the grassroots movement to protect clean water
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with an ability and eagerness to work with multiple stakeholders to develop successful communications
- Experience writing in different mediums, for different audiences, and also helping others improve their story-telling and writing abilities.
- Experience developing robust and compelling communications strategies and a desire to innovate new ways to engage people in the clean water movement
- Experience managing social media accounts
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Michael Kelly, email@example.com. Internal candidates please notify your supervisor before applying.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.