Michigan Campaign Organizer
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund in Michigan will be hiring an organizer to develop and implement the organization’s campaigns out of our Ann Arbor office. We seek an energetic and experienced organizer who will spearhead our environmental campaigns across the state. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with more than 250,000 Michigan members that works for clean, safe, affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and business and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
- Coordinate implementation of Michigan campaigns and electoral work across the state with a focus in SE Michigan; assist with on-line organizing efforts, building and supporting coalition activities, and conducting outreach and mobilization of Clean Water Action members
- Organize phone banks, volunteer nights, and earned media events
- Make public presentations, present testimony and track legislation
- Recruit, train, and lead a strong volunteer team in Washtenaw county
- Help fundraise to support campaign activities
- Provide support to Clean Water Action’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials
- One to three years of successful professional field and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice or election campaigns
- Strong oral & written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Research and strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well-organized and self-motivated
- Willing to travel within Michigan; available for some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of field and phone canvass programs helpful
- VAN experience preferred but not required
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Mary Brady-Enerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates please contact your supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.