Massachusetts Summer 2019 Internships
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund have an internship position available for the summer of 2019 in our Boston office, 88 Broad St., Boston, MA 02110.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, elect pro-environment candidates to public office, and help communities address local environmental problems. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues related to water, waste, toxics and climate change.
Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, protecting drinking water, promoting responsible growth of the energy efficiency and clean energy industries, advocating for Zero Waste policies in the City of Boston, and electing pro-environment candidates to public office. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central principles of all our campaigns.
The intern will support Clean Water’s campaigns and assist with communications.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest as well as campaign needs. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc.
- Assist in putting together campaign materials and research
- Coordinate with staff on projects related to our campaigns and events
- Conducting outreach to individuals or organizations to build power
- Assisting in organizing events or meetings, and taking meeting minutes
- Researching campaign issues
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Minimum of 16 hours per week commitment for a 10 week period, or longer, required.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- High School degree
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment
- Good communication skills
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Well organized
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good writing skills
Familiarity with campaign organizing in a variety of racial and socio-economic communities, and/or communications is highly desired. Fellows/Interns must be able to travel to Clean Water Action’s Boston office located at 88 Broad Street, Downtown Boston.
To apply, send resume and a brief statement of your interest in the position to Kadineyse Paz at firstname.lastname@example.org.