The Coalition for Healthy Ports is a bi-state alliance founded in 2007 by environmental and environmental justice activists, truck drivers, faith leaders, labor unions, and community advocates fighting for zero emissions, clean air, good jobs, healthy communities, environmental and economic justice at the Ports of New York and New Jersey and throughout the logistics industry. Particular emphasis is given to port-adjacent communities that are disproportionately overburdened by port pollution and operations. www.coalitionforhealthyports.org
Join the Coalition for Healthy Ports (CHP) and make a meaningful impact in your community! We're looking for a passionate coordinator who will lead our community engagement strategies and campaigns. As a coordinator, you'll empower residents and local groups to take action against the disproportionate threats faced by low-income communities and communities of color due to goods movement. From ports and trucks to warehouses and last-mile delivery, you'll play a vital role in advocating for healthier and more sustainable solutions. Come join our team and help us create a healthier future for all!
- Serve as a central point of contact between all CHP Steering Committee members, member groups, and recruitment of future members.
- Implement CHP work plans and base-building strategies as agreed to by the CHP Steering Committee.
- Coordinate activities, internal/public meetings, convenings, forums, and special projects of CHP.
- Write, edit, and/or coordinate the creation of promotional, educational, training, and other materials appropriate to the program. Manage/oversee other forms of communication (e.g., website/social media)
- Provide administrative support. Assemble information, prepare reports and replies to inquiries as needed. Maintain CHP records related to sub/contracts and mini-grants.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to support CHP in achieving our goals.
- Works well in a collaborative environment, as well as can be self-motivated, work independently and exercise good judgment in executing a work plan.
- Possesses strong oral, written, and social media communication, interpersonal, and networking skills in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- General office, clerical, records maintenance, research, and computer skills.
- Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Individuals from port or truck impacted communities in New Jersey or New York are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CHP Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Internal Candidates, please contact your supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.