Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe, and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being, and quality of life.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund is seeking to hire a part-time Finance & Development
Associate to support the organizations’ programmatic activities in Pennsylvania. Our priorities in
Pennsylvania include protecting families from exposure to hazardous chemicals such as lead and PFAS
and working both locally and state-wide to promote environmental justice by ending the disproportionate burden of pollution that communities of color and low-income neighborhoods face.
- Support the organization’s campaign work in Pennsylvania.
- Managing administrative and financial matters.
- Helping with fundraising activities such as events, appeals, and grant applications and reports.
- Administrative and financial coordination and support including basic financial tasks to process expenses and income, coordinating with, and responding to requests from the national financial department, support development of yearly budgets, grant tracking and management, and contracting.
- Supporting donor fundraising activities in Pennsylvania including event planning, managing state portion of national database, coordinating direct mail appeals, participating in team-wide fundraising efforts, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a non-profit administration, development or related field required.
- Demonstrated commitment to Clean Water’s mission and values.
- Strong interpersonal, oral/written communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Cultural competency in interacting with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Solid computer skills—skilled in the use of Word, Excel, Google platform, etc. and experience working with databases.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Background in environmental and/or social justice issues is helpful.
Email resume to Myron Arnowitt, firstname.lastname@example.org along with a letter of interest. Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who
will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.