Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization dedicated to protecting our environment, health, economic well-being, and community quality of life. With a membership nearing 1 million, Clean Water Action actively organizes and mobilizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions. Their primary goal is to safeguard public health and preserve the environment through various initiatives and campaigns.
Clean Water Action invites you to join our dynamic team as we open applications for Field Canvass Organizers. As a community organizer, you will collaborate closely with our professional outreach team to ignite meaningful change at the local, state, and national levels. Through engaging communities, educating the public, and building vital support, you will empower individuals to take action on crucial issues. Moreover, we prioritize your career development, providing exciting opportunities for travel and comprehensive management training. Seize this chance to make a lasting impact while advancing your own professional journey. Apply now and be part of a transformative movement for a cleaner, healthier future. We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we work in, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, including POC, LGBTIQ folks, and others, to apply.
Join Clean Water Action as a Field Canvass Organizer and unlock a world of benefits. Gain paid training in state and federal politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues. Stand out as a leader and enjoy rapid advancement opportunities with future employment prospects. Explore the United States through national and regional conferences, expanding your network and horizons. Eligible candidates may even earn college credit, enhancing your academic journey. Make a tangible difference while enjoying these remarkable perks.
- Advocate for progressive causes and influence decision makers at the national, state, and local levels, amplifying your impact on critical issues.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media.
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns.
- Identify and activate passionate individuals who are eager to contribute through letter writing, attending meetings, volunteering their time, and participating in voter turnout initiatives, ensuring a powerful collective voice.
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement.
- Deep commitment to promoting diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion is essential.
- A desire for non-profit career development is highly valued.
- A minimum commitment of 10 weeks, dedicating 18-40 hours per week, is required.
- Must be located near a Clean Water Action office or planning to relocate are required; please note that we do not offer housing assistance.
Clean Water Action adheres to all the principles of professional practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. internship. Base pay does vary slightly from one office to another, but in all our locations, Clean Water Action complies with all FLSA and applicable state labor requirements.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.