Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization dedicated to protecting our environment, health, economic well-being, and community quality of life. With a membership nearing 1 million, Clean Water Action actively organizes and mobilizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions. Their primary goal is to safeguard public health and preserve the environment through various initiatives and campaigns.
Calling all changemakers and aspiring advocates! Clean Water Action is now accepting applications for its fall or winter 2023/2024 internship program. Gain hands-on experience in the realms of politics, communications, and advocacy, while working alongside our dedicated professional outreach team. As an intern, you'll actively engage the public, igniting their passion for critical national and state campaigns to protect clean water, combat climate change, expose the impacts of oil and gas production, and discover safer alternatives to toxic chemicals. In 2023, our primary focus will be on holding elected officials accountable and securing victories for our water, health, and communities. Don't miss this chance to be part of a movement that safeguards our future and creates lasting change. Apply now and let your passion for the environment shine! We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we work in, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, including POC, LGBTIQ folks, and others, to apply.
Embark on a fulfilling journey as a Clean Water Action intern and enjoy the perks that await you. Experience the satisfaction of rewarding work in a casual environment while receiving paid training, gaining insights into state and federal politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues. Show your leadership potential and seize rapid advancement opportunities, with future employment possibilities on the horizon. Additionally, travel across the United States, attending national and regional conferences, and even earn college credit to enhance your educational journey.
- Advocate for progressive causes and influence decision makers at the national, state, and local levels, amplifying your impact on critical issues.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media.
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns.
- Identify and activate passionate individuals who are eager to contribute through letter writing, attending meetings, volunteering their time, and participating in voter turnout initiatives, ensuring a powerful collective voice.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills are required.
- Commitment to the cause of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion is essential.
- Desire for non-profit career development is highly valued.
- A minimum commitment of 10 weeks, dedicating 18-40 hours per week, is required.
- Must be located near a Clean Water Action office or planning to relocate are required; please note that we do not offer housing assistance.
Clean Water Action adheres to all the principles of professional practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.