Clean Water Action is a longstanding organization dedicated to protecting America's waters, promoting healthy communities, and advocating for an inclusive democracy. With a 50-year history, we have achieved significant environmental protections through grassroots organizing, policy research, and political advocacy, ensuring accountability of elected officials. We prioritize inclusivity and amplifying the voices of those affected by environmental degradation. Committed to environmental justice, we actively work to dismantle structures upholding white supremacy. By fostering an inclusive culture, we create an environment where individuals thrive and contribute to our cause. We value diversity within our staff, as it brings innovative ideas and strategies to achieve our campaign objectives effectively. Join us in making a meaningful difference for justice and a better future.
We are currently seeking passionate individuals to join our team as Field Canvass Director in various locations, including Baltimore, MD; Montclair, NJ; Austin, TX; the District of Columbia; Northampton, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Providence, RI; and Minneapolis, MN. As a newly hired director, you will embark on a comprehensive four to six-month field training program, working closely with experienced directors to learn our successful fundraising model and gain hands-on experience. Throughout your time with us, you will receive continuous support from our regional management staff. By the end of your first year, you will have acquired the skills needed to effectively run grassroots campaigns, including fundraising, donor recruitment, campaign communications, and staff management. Join us and make a meaningful impact on our organization and the communities we serve.
- Recruitment: Take charge of building a team of highly trained canvassers by developing and implementing recruitment plans, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions in collaboration with the recruitment team.
- Staff Management: Foster the development of future leaders by cultivating essential skills in canvassing and fundraising. Create a welcoming and motivating atmosphere by working closely with staff members in both individual and group settings.
- Canvassing: Engage in field canvassing activities for a duration of one to four days per week, actively promoting the organization's mission and goals.
- Administration: Maintain accurate records of income and expenses, effectively manage the budget allocated to your office, process staff payroll promptly, and ensure the proper maintenance of records for future organizational needs.
- Experienced canvasser and strong leader able to demonstrate 1-2 years of management experience while excelling as a canvasser.
- Passionate advocate for social justice and possess a deep passion for social justice and have the ability to effectively communicate this passion to others.
- Strong Independent and team player able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, while maintaining a strong focus on achieving goals.
- Ability to recognize the importance of promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and demonstrate a strong commitment to the principles of anti-racism and continuously seek opportunities for personal growth and education in cultural competency.
- Strong leadership skills with a desire to take on impactful roles within the organization.
- Ability to contribute effectively to shaping the direction of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and the ability to provide valuable insights.
- Passion for making a difference and influencing the future of the organization.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to actively contribute to the National Management Team and strategic planning groups.
- Availability for a full-time role and commitment to working between 40-50 hours per week.
Know someone who might be interested?
Please share this page or this flyer!
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. Internal candidates please notify your supervisor prior to applying.
Clean Water Action requires vaccination for positions that must work in our offices or travel in our vehicles, including the Canvass Director position. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.