Since our founding during the campaign to pass the landmark Clean Water Act in 1972, Clean Water Action has worked to win strong health and environmental protections by bringing issue expertise, solution-oriented thinking and people power to the table.
Our community organizers will work with our professional outreach team to engage communities in local, state and national issues, informing and educating the public, building support and channeling that support into action. This is an in person job. This year we will work on:
Accountability: Hold elected officials accountable to protecting the environment and public health.
Clean Water: Protect the nation’s waterways to keep our drinking water and recreational areas pristine
Environmental Justice: Ensure that low income communities and communities of color are not disproportionately burdened by negative environmental impacts.
Climate Change: Promote energy efficiency and renewable energy policies and programs that will help mitigate climate change disasters, improve overall public health, and create a green working economy
- Promote community action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Gain knowledge of state and federal politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues.
- Paid training
- Rewarding work with a casual work setting
- Opportunities for travel throughout the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics and environmental issues
- Interest in non-profit career development is a plus.