Clean Water Action is currently accepting applications for our spring/summer 2023 internship program. Our internship provides motivated and talented individuals an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in politics, communications, and advocacy.
Interns will work alongside our full time professional outreach team to inform and activate the public about our national and state campaigns to protect clean water, fight climate change, expose the impacts of oil and gas production, find safe alternatives to toxic chemicals, and more. In 2023, our teams will be focused on holding our elected officials accountable to help win victories for our water, health, and communities.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other volunteer activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, rallies, etc.
- Rewarding work with a casual work setting
- Paid training, gain knowledge of state and federal politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues
- Leadership will be rewarded through rapid advancement and be considered for future employment
- Opportunities for travel throughout the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Potential to earn college credit
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice and inclusion.
- Desire for non-profit career development is a plus.
- Must commit to a minimum of 10 weeks for 18-40 hours per week.
We are committed to reflecting the communities we work in and POC, LGBTIQ folks, and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
* Clean Water Action adheres to all the principles of professional practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. This is a paid internship. Base pay does vary slightly from one office to another, but in all of our locations, Clean Water Action complies with all FLSA and applicable state labor requirements.
* We do not provide any housing assistance. Please only apply if you have specific plans to be located near a Clean Water Action office.