Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a New Jersey Environmental Advocate work in a team to plan and implement strategies that build organizational and grassroots political power and advance state-wide initiatives that are focused on solutions to the cumulative and disproportionate threats and adverse impacts from pollution, energy production, goods movement, and climate change.
Join Clean Water Action (CWA), a dynamic and impactful national grassroots environmental organization with an impressive membership of 150,000 passionate individuals in the Garden State. We are dedicated to protecting the environment, preserving public health, and promoting strong environmental laws. As part of our mission, we empower communities to address local environmental challenges and actively engage in the democratic process. At CWA, we work tirelessly at all levels of government to elect pro-environment candidates who will champion our cause. Additionally, our sister organization, Clean Water Fund (CWF), conducts vital research and education to promote the public interest on water, waste, and toxics issues. Take the opportunity to make a meaningful impact and join us in creating a sustainable future for generations to come.
- Collaborating with a dedicated staff team to design and execute components of statewide issue campaigns.
- Serving as a representative and fostering relationships within coalitions, campaign partnerships, and the environmental and justice communities.
- Coordinating lobbying efforts and facilitating communication with state legislators and agency staff.
- Supporting Clean Water Action's electoral activities in New Jersey.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of communication plans and initiatives within the state.
- Providing valuable support for CWA's canvass operations, including briefings and materials.
- Managing and updating databases to ensure effective engagement and data management.
- Demonstrated experience in lobbying, organizing, and executing issue-based campaigns and/or electoral initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey ideas and engage diverse audiences. Proficiency in social media platforms is advantageous.
- Knowledge of environmental issues is desirable, as it enhances the understanding of the organization's focus.
- Strong teamwork skills, enabling effective collaboration and contribution within a group setting.
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced campaign and event environments.
- Comfort and adaptability with utilizing various computer technologies and software tools, with a willingness to learn new ones.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.