Clean Water Action is currently accepting applications for field offices. Our community organizers will work with our professional outreach team to engage communities in local, state and national issues, informing and educating the public, building support and channeling that support into action. We have a strong and early focus on career development that involves travel and management training opportunities.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
- Paid training, gain knowledge of state and federal politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues
- Leadership will be rewarded through rapid advancement and be considered for future employment
- Opportunities for travel throughout the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Possibly earn college credit
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice and inclusion.
- Desire for non-profit career development is a plus.
- Must commit to a minimum of 10 weeks for 18-40 hours per week.
We are committed to reflecting the communities we work in and POC, LGBTIQ folks, and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
* Clean Water Action adheres to all the principles of professional practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. This is a paid internship. Base pay does vary slightly from one office to another, but in all of our locations, Clean Water Action complies with all FLSA and applicable state labor requirements.
* We do not provide any housing assistance. Please only apply if you have specific plans to be located near a Clean Water Action office.