Clean Water Fund is a national non-profit organization which promotes justice and the public interest on issues related to water, waste, clean energy and toxics. Our core beliefs are that everyone has the right to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities; those most affected by environmental degradation must play a role in shaping solutions; and actions taken to address environmental problems must contribute to broader goals of justice for all.
Clean Water Fund is hiring a part-time Energy Justice Outreach Organizer to conduct an outreach and education campaign on energy efficiency in Waterbury, Connecticut. Clean Water Fund’s mission is to increase access to the state’s Energize CT energy efficiency program for low- and moderate-income households, renters, and people who experience language isolation. We successfully participated in the Community Partnership Initiative with Eversource during 2022 and want to expand this work further in Waterbury. The Outreach Energy Justice Organizer will conduct direct outreach, community engagement and help low-income residents take advantage of the energy efficiency program. The Energy Justice Outreach Organizer will carry out the program in collaboration with Clean Water Fund’s CT team and local Waterbury partners.
- Develop materials for online and in-person outreach.
- Collaborate with communications staff to develop a social media campaign and other online outreach.
- Collaborate and build relationships with municipal staff and elected officials, community leaders, local organizations, coalition partners, etc.
- Organize and lead community outreach workshops.
- Direct outreach to businesses, community centers, churches etc. to engage residents and help them sign up for the program.
- Participate in project team meetings with Clean Water Fund and the Home Energy Action team and other community outreach events.
- Experience with community/campaign organizing strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with communications including ability to tell the campaign “story” through online communications.
- Self-directed but a team player, able to develop professional respectful relationships and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership on racial and economic justice issues.
- Background in clean energy and climate justice issues is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with Waterbury is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired.
Send resume and cover letter to Bethany Dickerson, email@example.com Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.