Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe, and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being, and quality of life.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to help implement our programs in the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia under the supervision of the National Field Director. This role involves developing and implementing campaigns in the region, including legislative and electoral campaigns, community organizing, policy development, research, and public education programs. The Program Coordinator will collaborate with local and national staff, leading member recruitment and fundraising efforts, and supporting field and phone canvass programs. The role also involves representing Clean Water in work with other organizations, public officials, funders, and the media, with regular travel throughout the region.
- Develop and implement campaigns in the region, including legislative and electoral campaigns, community and coalition organizing, policy development, and research and public education programs.
- Develop and carry out local and state campaigns; work with national staff to implement local and state elements of national campaigns.
- Help develop and implement campaigns to improve the environment and public health in Washington DC’s Wards 7 and 8 in conjunction with the Anacostia Parks & Community Collaborative’s Policy Workgroup, Steering Committee, and member groups.
- Lead planning and implementation of strategies to recruit members and activists in the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia.
- Help develop and implement fundraising plans in coordination with national staff, raising funds from foundations, individual donors, and other sources.
- Provide program direction and support for field and phone canvass programs; work in partnership with canvass leadership to build strong canvass programs.
- Represent Clean Water in work with other organizations, public officials, funders and the media. Regular travel throughout the region required.
- Conduct other work as directed by supervisor.
- Four or more years’ experience as a manager or organizer with an environmental or other non-profit organization. Environmental experience is preferred though not required; experience with grassroots organizing, coalition building, and campaigns required.
- Ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to build and direct an organization’s programs.
- Successful fundraising experience with foundations, donors, and events.
- Experience developing and working with leadership bodies such as boards of directors, campaign, or coalition steering committees.
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and equity, and experience working with diverse communities and populations.
This is a hybrid position, with some work able to be completed remotely, other work requiring presence in Clean Water’s Washington DC office or at in-person community meetings.
Email resume to DCCoordinatorsearch@cleanwater.org along with a letter of interest. Internal Candidates, please contact your supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.