Communications Associate | Oakland CA
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a communications associate to coordinate with our California program and national communications teams to guide California member communications and promote California campaigns on social media and traditional media. Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe, affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues relating to water, waste, and toxics.
Clean Water’s California program focuses on ensuring the Human Right to Water; reducing dependence on toxic materials that pollute our water supplies; supporting fenceline communities; and helping food service establishments move away from single-use foodware through our Rethink Disposable program. The position requires working in the office at least part of the time.
Primary duties include:
This position will work with the California Director and National communications staff to ensure consistent communications about our work. Duties include the following:
• Assist state director in the development and coordination of California public and media communication efforts.
• Create communications content, including member emails, web content and social media posts.
• Coordinate with national communications staff on national campaigns.
• Develop fact sheets, policy briefs or other materials needed to communicate the organization’s priorities.
• Support Clean Water’s efforts to become an anti-racist organization, participating in the development and implementation of our annual Racial Justice Plan and communicating our work with BIPOC communities and on environmental justice issues.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate experience (professional or volunteer) with a non-profit organization.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Shares Clean Water’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization and integrating justice and equity into our work to ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
Preferred candidates will also have:
• Communications background and expertise.
• Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken.
• Expertise in tracking, quantifying, and reporting metrics.
• Experience working on campaigns.
Email resume to email@example.com along with letter of interest and a writing sample. Internal candidates, please contact your supervisor.