Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are two national organizations that work towards environmental protection, justice, and public health. Clean Water Action, a grassroots environmental organization, advocates for strong environmental laws, addresses local environmental issues, and safeguards public health. Clean Water Fund, a research and education organization, promotes justice and public interest related to water, waste, clean energy, and toxins. Both organizations aim to ensure that communities most affected by environmental degradation have a voice and access to resources for clean energy and justice. Their work also involves advancing energy policies that significantly reduce climate pollution in Massachusetts and creating an equitable energy system that reduces carbon emissions and gives frontline communities a voice and resources to participate in the clean energy economy and adapt to climate change.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are hiring a full-time organizer in our Boston office to support the organizations’ Massachusetts campaigns to combat climate change, promote environmental justice and ensure all communities have access to affordable clean energy. The Climate Justice Policy Advocate will press for statewide reforms and local projects by working in coalition and organizing Clean Water members to fight for clean energy and climate justice in Massachusetts.
- Represent Clean Water to climate justice coalitions.
- Build Clean Water’s member and partner engagement in campaigns.
- Work with community leaders to develop grassroots power in support of clean energy.
- With coalition partners and colleagues - design and execute campaign and communications plans to promote access to clean energy, environmental justice, and energy efficiency.
- Build and maintain meaningful ties with environmental justice partner organizations and deliver policy victories that benefit low-income communities and communities of color.
- Assist in fundraising through grant writing for climate justice campaigns and for fundraising events and appeals.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with campaign organizing.
- A background in clean energy, climate justice, and campaign organizing in Massachusetts issues is highly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to Clean Water’s mission and values including commitment to economic and racial justice.
- Strong interpersonal skills including cultural competency in working with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Adaptability and ability to learn on the job.
- Demonstrated leadership on racial and economic justice issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to work with the media and tell the campaign “Story”.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Solid computer skills (comfortable with Word, Excel, social media, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Email resume and cover letter to Bethany Dickerson; firstname.lastname@example.org, Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.