Clean Water Action Philadelphia Office Manager
Type of Position:
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking an Office Manager for our Philadelphia, PA office to provide administrative support to our field canvass and program staff. Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Action has close to 1 million members nationally. Clean Water Fund provides research, education, organizing, and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts around the country, promoting the public interest on issues related to water, natural resources, health, and a healthy economy. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund work together on selected campaigns and programs.
This part-time position is 24 hours per week and may be combined with canvassing to create a full-time position.
- Answer incoming calls; screen prospective applicants for canvass positions, schedule qualified applicants for interviews with the Canvass Director; take messages for all program staff.
- Coordinate all recruitment activities with Canvass Director including campus outreach and recruitment, ad placement, career fairs and other recruitment outreach.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly canvass reports.
- Maintain personnel files and track staff benefits accrual and use.
- Process information requests from the public and refer to appropriate staff.
- Provide programmatic support, including maintaining issue files and sorting and sending letters generated by the canvass.
- Stock canvass materials and order office supplies.
- Maintain office appearance; light cleaning and organizing.
- Provide technical support; maintain computers and printers; back-up files
- Other duties as assigned.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use e-mail, excel spreadsheets, word-processing and Google docs.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and neat; with strong math skills and personal organization.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, flexible, team player.
How to Apply:
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the subject line Office Manager Application. For internal candidates, please contact your supervisor
Compensation: $14 per hour. An attractive benefit package is available
Friday, May 31, 2019
Friday, May 31, 2019
Saturday, June 15, 2019