California Water Program Associate
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seeks a 100% (FTE) program associate to provide support to California’s Water Program. We are looking for candidates who are organized, detail-oriented, independent and able to meet deadlines on time while juggling multiple projects and tasks. The associate will perform communications tasks, track legislation, coordinate communications with allies and work on policy development and implementation for the organization’s groundwater, safe drinking water and agricultural sustainability projects. This is an excellent entry-level job in the environmental field, working with environmental and environmental justice advocates and organizations.
Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally-safe jobs and businesses, and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots groups, coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life.
Primary duties include:
- Develop and coordinate public and media communication efforts.
- Create communications content, including draft emails, press releases and social media posts as needed.
- Coordinate engagement among organizations, national and state NGOs, and local community groups.
- Work with Program Manager to implement the water program.
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate experience (professional or volunteer) with a non-profit organization
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with social media
Preferred candidates will also have experience in:
- Communications, including developing and implementing media plans and developing communications and messaging for a variety of audiences
- Conducting one-on-one interviews
- Environmental justice campaigns or issue areas
- Policy review and analysis
- Tracking, quantifying, and reporting metrics
Email letter of interest and resume to Jennifer Clary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email should be “Application for Water Associate Position”
Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.