Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are partnering with A2P2, Ann Arbor for Public Power, as their fiscal sponsor, and we want you to be part of this exciting opportunity. A2P2 is a coalition of dedicated local residents and organizations who are advocating for a 100% renewable, public-owned electric utility for our beloved city of Ann Arbor. Why public power, you may ask? It's simple yet impactful. Public power means affordability, reliability, and accountability to the people it serves. By embracing this transformative energy model, we can offer a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels and empower the people of Ann Arbor to take charge of their energy future.
Are you passionate about fighting climate change and energized by the idea of democratizing energy? If so, we have an enticing opportunity for you! Join us at A2P2, Ann Arbor for Public Power as our Executive Director and contribute to establishing a renewable, public-owned electricity utility in Ann Arbor. In this pivotal role, you'll utilize your non-profit experience to keep us organized and ensure effective communication, both internally and externally. Your contribution will be instrumental in our mission to achieve 100% renewable public power in Ann Arbor. Take this chance to make a real impact and help us create a brighter, greener future!
- Track quarterly goals and outcomes, ensuring progress is monitored and evaluated for key milestones and objectives.
- Support canvassing efforts by providing guidance, strategic direction, and collaborating with the team to develop effective strategies and materials.
- Bolster fundraising efforts by devising and implementing strategies to meet financial goals, cultivating relationships with donors and sponsors, overseeing grant writing, and coordinating fundraising events.
- Draft agendas for meetings, ensuring they are comprehensive and distributed in a timely manner.
- Take detailed notes during meetings, accurately capturing discussions, decisions, and action items.
- Engage with volunteers by recruiting and onboarding them, providing ongoing support, recognition, and fostering a positive and inclusive volunteer culture.
- Communicate with allied organizations to establish and maintain effective relationships, coordinate collaborative efforts, and share information and resources for mutual benefit.
- Perform various administrative functions associated with the role, such as budget management, strategic planning, staff supervision, and reporting to the board of directors.
- Passion for our mission and a collaborative spirit
- Commitment to guiding our organization to meet quarterly goals.
- At least 1-2 years of experience at a non-profit or similar organization.
- Financial / administration management skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with learning new skills and becoming familiar with new technology.
- Availability to attend in-person events in the city of Ann Arbor is strongly preferred.
To submit your resume along with a cover letter, please click the link Apply Here! Internal Candidates, please contact your supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons who will work in our offices. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.