Livingroom Lobbying - Crash Course on NJ's Legislative Process
Join us on Wednesday June 5th for a webinar from 7pm - 8pm. Register here.
Learn new skills to turn your activist passion into successful Trenton lobbying. There is a lot of hype about the 2020 presidential election, but change starts locally. The legislative process can seem confusing, but statehouses are where a lot of the most important laws in our lives are passed, so this training is designed to give you more tools to amplify your voice.
- Why your NJ legislators matter
- How to find your legislators and their committee roles
- What is the legislative process
- How to research bills you are interested in
- How to listen to live or archived committee hearings
- What is the legislative calendar
Eric Benson has been with Clean Water Action for over 15 years as the Canvass Director, Elections Coordinator, and now Campaign Director. While his background is in environmental advocacy, this is a skills based training that can be applied to any NJ grassroots campaign.