Michigan Deputy Field Director
Clean Water Action is hiring a Deputy Field Director to assist in implementing our electoral and voter contact programs in Michigan. We seek an experienced organizer who will spearhead our electoral campaigns across the state. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with more than 135,000 Michigan members that works for clean, safe, affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and business and empowerment of people to make democracy work.
This is a temporary position beginning in September and ending by December 31, 2020.
- Coordinate implementation of Michigan electoral work statewide; assist with online organizing efforts, facilitate VAN use for field (predictive dialer, texting, VPB, canvass, digital campaigns)
- Management of data, progress to goal tracking, and reporting
- Assist with creation of digital campaign materials
- Develop and execute digital strategy
- Lead vote by mail and GOTV efforts
- Recruit, train, and lead strong volunteer team
- Provide support to Clean Water Action’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials for electoral purposes
- 3-5 years of successful professional field and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice or electoral campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing scripts, recruitment materials, social media content, digital ad copy, etc.
- Able to work effectively with diverse groups; committed to antiracism and racial justice
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well organized and self motivated in a work from home environment
- Available for some evenings and weekends
- VAN experience required; GetThru experience helpful
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Mary Brady-Enerson at email@example.com.
Interested internal candidates, please contact your supervisor.
Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.