Calling all parents and kids!
Clean Water Action is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day by hosting an Earth Day Design Contest. With the growing impact of the COVID-19 virus, we invite parents and kids stuck at home to participate in this fun, educational Virtual Day of Art project which will keep kids and parents entertained, while educating youth on the importance of protecting clean water and our climate.
We invite parents and youth ages 0-18 to participate. You can pick your Virtual Day of Art anytime between now and Earth Day on April 22nd. Get out your pencils, crayons, markers and drawing pads - and draw a T-Shirt design centered around the themes of Protecting our Water & Climate.
We will share your drawings on our website and social media accounts, and pick one drawing to be featured on a Clean Water Action T-Shirt with 100% of proceeds from sales going to support our environmental programs.
How to Participate:
1. Find a day to do this art project at home during Earth Month in April. Be sure to have supplies ready to go: pencils, crayons, markers, and paper.
2. Before beginning the art project, ask your kids about how they feel about our water and climate. What can we do to protect our water and stop climate change? How important is it to have a healthy, clean water future so we can have safe water to drink, swim and play in? How does water play a role in the health of our planet and climate?
3. Then work with your kids to design (or they can design it on their own!) their T-Shirt drawing around these themes. Designs must reflect the themes of protecting clean water and/or fighting climate change. Please include either the words “Protect Clean Water” or “Climate Change is Water Change” or “Act On Climate”. Design must fit on a letter size (8.5” x 11”) sheet of paper, landscape or portrait orientation. Colors allowed are black and white, plus up to 4 additional colors of your choice.
4. Simply scan or take a photography of your environmentally-themed design and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be accepted until until April 30th. Please submit only original artwork, do not use any trademarks or copyrighted images in your design. All mediums and styles welcome (pencil, crayon, paint, etc.).
5. During Earth Month in April, Clean Water Action will be sharing art submissions on our social media accounts and website. We invite you to share your drawing on your social media accounts - please use the hashtag #ProtectCleanWater #CleanWaterKids #ActOnClimate and tag Clean Water Action on Facebook and @cleanh2oaction on Twitter and Instagram.
On April 30, we will pick one drawing to be featured on a Clean Water Action T-Shirt with 100% of proceeds from sales going to support Clean Water's environmental programs. Please contact Jenny Vickers at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you for supporting a clean water and healthy environmental future!