The Massachusetts Legislature has the opportunity to protect residents, particularly children, from exposure to health-threatening toxics and pollution by passing the full Healthy Futures for All legislative package this session.
Included in the package are bills to reduce our exposure to toxic PFAS, protect children from harmful substances, improve indoor and outdoor air quality, fund energy efficiency upgrades, get lead out of our drinking water, and defend communities from future polluting facilities:
- An Act to protect Massachusetts public health from PFAS - H.2197 (Hogan) / S.1356 (Cyr)
- An Act for toxic free kids - H.318 (Hawkins) / S.175 (Friedman)
- An Act protecting our soil and farms from PFAS contamination - H.101 (Schmid) / S.39 (Comerford)
- An Act to improve outdoor and indoor air quality for communities burdened by pollution - H.2131 (Barber, Connolly) / S.1382 (Jehlen)
- An Act relative to energy facilities siting improvement to address environmental justice, climate, and public health - H.3187 (Madaro) / S.2113 (DiDomenico, Edwards)
- An Act relative to chemical recycling - HD.1558 (Giannino)
- An Act establishing a zero carbon renovation fund - H.3232 (Vargas) / S.2365 (Gomez)
- An Act ensuring safe drinking water at schools - H.851 (Lipper-Garabedian) / S.526 (Lovely)
- An Act relative to lead pipe safety - HD. 1954 (Vargas)
Together, this group of bills will ensure that no community is left behind as we make Massachusetts cleaner, healthier, and safer for everyone, especially the youngest residents of the Commonwealth.
Take Action! Contact your MA legislator below and ask them to co-sponsor each bill. We need as many co-sponsors as possible, so please reach out today.